We woke up around 8:30, took our time getting around and headed to Friske's at around 10am. We drove through East Jordan and Ellsworth, and lots of the trees are popping with color; reds, oranges, yellows and browns. We kept stopping each other mid-conversation saying, "Oh Oh look over there on that hill. See it? See it?" Also, Ted and I had a friendly debate about which season we each loved most (after fall of course). I decided on summer and Ted decided on Winter.
Friske's was having their Fall Harvest Festival, which was super exciting. There were so many families enjoying the weather, the apples, the pumpkins and the wagon rides. Ted and I decided to do the "U Pick" apples. We got LOTS of Honey Crisp, and then we got a variety of baking apples. (We decided to try to make our very own, first, apple pie!)
After we got our apples, we got some cider and donuts, which were very delightful. Ted said, "I just had the best donut of my life! Do you know what that means?!?" Which I didn't.
When we left Friske's we went to Bolt's Farm and bought a small, a medium and a large pumpkin...all for $10. Sorry to Friske's who charges $9 a pop.
While driving home we decided to go for a bike ride since it was so beautiful. We
packed up our bikes, changed, and headed for Petoskey, so we could get on the Wheel Way and ride to Harbor Springs. What a ride! We hadn't rode in a while and we could feel it. But, it was gorgeous and super fun. We ate lunch at Turkeys, where I had a Tuna Tomato, which was delish! We rode back to Petoskey at a faster pace, and we made some good time.
At home, we watched Michigan football and listened to Central Michigan football. We then enjoyed some dinner, and went to a concert with Secondhand headlining.
Ted and I realized that it was such a perfect day. We had tons of fun, got to spend a lot of time with just the two of us, and it felt like fall was finally here. We were so thankful for where we live and all of the things we get to do. And, I just love doing it all with Ted.
No comments:
Post a Comment