Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Happy Birthday ya Griggs!

Today is Ted's birthday, and he is now a quarter of a century old. Yikes!

I think I get more excited for his birthdays than he does.

"I've been around for 25 of 'em...it's not a big deal."

"But, Ted, I have only been around for 4 of them!"

He laughs, but we both still know that he needs to go lead a small group full of teenage boys, which is going great by the way.

You can tell how excited I get for his birthday, because I think about what the PERFECT present could be, what a card should say, and what we should spend the evening doing. But, this year, the first birthday after we are married, is different.

He picked out his own present, after running it by me first (a volume pedal for his guitar). We can't spend the actual night together. AND, I didn't even go out and get a card (partially because Ted thinks cards are a waste of trees and money.)

So here I am, on Ted's b-day, hanging out at home by myself (yes, even the parents are out), while Ted is off having fun with some guys. I guess I'll get to my homework.

Happy Birthday Ted! (gotta love a mac!)


No comments: