Last night, I started taking a class at my church as a part of our Wednesday Night Family Thingy. The class is Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University. It is really exciting to be taking this class because Ted and I have listened to Dave Ramsey for a couple of years whenever we hear him on the radio, and we think it is a great way/strategy to handle money...especially when you don't have a lot.
I have to thank my husband for letting me take this class because it is at the exact time that Jr. High Youth Group is and I am usually his #1 volunteer. So...THANKS!!! He is going to be going through the class vicariously through me, because this is a thing that married people are supposed to do together. But, really I am kinda in charge of all the money happenings anyway! :)
Another cool thing about taking this class is that one of my best friends, Jamie, from high school and her boyfriend, Steven, showed up to take it! And this is super exciting because we never see each other and we only live 20 minutes apart. So, now we get to have dinner and class together every Wednesday night for the next 12 weeks. :) YAY!
If you don't know anything about Dave Ramsey you should check him out. He is on AM radio stations and he has a show on Fox News (I think). He also has a website (of course). He is also going to be in GR (for all you down-staters) on Feb. 19th.
I kind of feel like I am being a spokesperson for him, but I am really excited to be able to learn about what he has to say about money and how to save/invest it, so our little children can have lots of money when we are gone. Ted and I have kind of thought about that for a while now..since, you know...the whole baby thing. :)
11 days!!! --- till we know what our little baby is.
And then we can reveal some name options!
1 comment:
hey chicky! zack and i started that class 3 weeks ago! how crazy is that?!?! ha ha. we really like it... We read Total Money Makeover and are now doing this. I'm glad you and Ted are doing it, too. I can already see all the benefits. And the security. So, I have to ask: who is the nerd and who is the free spirit?
me: nerd
zack: free spirit
:) have a great weekend Polleys'
Post a Comment