Okay, so I haven't posted the photos like I said I would...BUT I decided to wait until the nursery was completely finished before posting pics of the different pieces. It just makes it easier for me that way! :)
We are making progress by the way: Ted and I picked a paint color for Eloise's room. It's called Purpling Rain...just enough purple to go along with the bedding but not too much purple that would make you think of the flying purple people eater! We got started on the painting today, but did not get that far because 1.) I was not in the right frame of mind. I was in perfectionist mode and when I get like that I don't even want to be around me, so I left the room and went and did the dishes because I can handle doing that perfectly ;). And, 2.) Ted was really tired after work and me abandoning him didn't help, so he quit about 20 minutes later. I didn't blame him.
We are having a friend over for dinner anyway, so it's better to prepare for that. Actually, we are also having friends over tomorrow for dinner AND even more friends over on Thursday. It is fun to have people over and "entertain" but I must say it gets a little pricey (but well worth it). And, we might as well have people over and go out as much as we can these last 10 to 11 weeks, because then it's a whole new story. :)
Yeah, that's right...10.5 weeks till June 13th! Crazy to think...and Ted and I are eagerly awaiting her arrival. Oh, and we have her middle name picked out. Eloise Iden. Iden is my Grandma Barbara's maiden name. She is my dad's mom, and she does sooooo much for our whole family, (which is a lot since she has 5 sons who have 15 (I think!) children all together, and lots of those children have children), and she is SUCH AN AMAZING Grandma. So, we want to honor my Grandma and make sure Eloise knows how important her great-grandma is to us.
No comments:
Post a Comment