...My mom hits the road; traveling the Alcan from Haines, Alaska through Canada, past Mount Rushmore, through Omaha and then settling in south west Michigan. Prayers please for her safe travel, as she is traveling alone in a u-haul. I am excited for her to get back. I think I will be able to see her around the middle of May. :)
...I find out when/where my Uncle Gary's funeral is taking place. He passed away last week, after suffering a stroke, among other things. He would be stuck in a hospital bed for life, not being able to do much of anything by himself. Last week, he chose to move on from here, because being bound to a hospital bed was no life to him. He was a part of a motorcycle gang called the Iron Coffins for about 15 years. He always had ideas of how to improve or fix anything and everything, and he had a wealth of random knowledge that no one could beat. He was only in his 60's and he will be missed, and he won't be forgotten, how can you forget someone with so much passion for what he believed in?
...I resume tutoring a 4th grade boy who is struggling in math. His parents want him to be ready and prepared for middle school. Tutoring will probably last all summer long. I guess it is up to me to help him along that multiplication and division road. (It's a long, tedious, and frustrating road for him. I hope I cna turn that around over the next few months.)
...I smile. Eloise is on her way, and even though I am not the healthiest I could be today, and she is making me uncomfortable, I thank God for blessing Ted and I with this baby and look forward to the day she will be here!
No comments:
Post a Comment