Thursday, October 30, 2008

Halloween! (Is it over yet?)

Today, the day before Halloween, I just discovered the magnitude of the holiday when it takes place inside a elementary school. Want to here our plans for our students tomorrow? (well, here they are even if you care not to know..)

1. A morning writing activity where students will write riddles for their friends to solve about the costume they are going to wear later on.

2. Walk 4 blocks to Sunnybank (assisted living), to sing Halloween carols. They are to the tune of Christmas carols, it's quite funny. Enjoy a snack there.

3. Back to school for a special Halloween lunch.

4. A movie with popcorn and a drink. Students will change into their costumes. The movie is to kind of just take up some time and tone down the craziness of 24 second graders changing in a bathroom.

5. Parade out of the school, as a school to downtown Charlevoix for business's to pass out candy.

6. Back to school for an in-class Halloween party for the last hour and a half of the school day.

WOW! It is going to be such a crazy day, but I am going to love it. Students are soo excited about their costumes and they are so proud of them as well. I will have to stop by and make sure I see my kindergartener's costumes too.

Roxann and I are going to be Raggidy (sp?) Ann and Andy. :) It will be fun.

BUT, the best part of the day is going to be at 8pm when Ted and I f
inally reach my dad's house and catch the very end of our niece's coming off their sugar high! :) Izabella is going to be spiderman, and Liv is going to be either a dead ballerina, a princess, or a regular ballerina...I haven't heard the latest. :)

Here are some cute fall pics of some of my favorite girlies!

Izabella


Olivia

2 comments:

Juliann said...

I used to wonder how elementary teachers felt when Halloween or many other holiday celebrations took over the whole day. The worst is having to teach on the day after Halloween.

Anonymous said...

Ha, It´s over. We never talk,we never email, and I am suffering Withdrawls from you..XD....I miss you so much. I miss the Bible studies on Tuesday night.I hope the day actually went well, and that it was not too(wait here is it too or to, i always forget, way to go english i love the language) crazy..anyway. Mexico is good,I love it here, although I miss church and the people there. I did not do anything for halloween, although I am pretty sure I saw people on my street tricker treating, if that is not what they were doing i haven´t a clue. Day of the dead here was strange, aparently It is crazy in the town where I was but I was just at my parents house, and we went to a cemetary, the graves were pretty. some strange stuff there though. I have not been able to post pictures yet, and i feel kind of bad about that, everyone probably wants pictues, and I have been asked about them. I am in school right now,I have dance, but i don´t really want to go. So yet again in the day I am in the libray, I spend much time in here. And I am still getting like tens in all my classes, how cool is that. Naw, I don´t tend to do much in the classes, and the teachers don´t care, I have done a lot of presentations though. Anywya, this is really long, you probably are getting bored. I hope to hear from you soon. I love and miss you.