Thursday, December 18, 2008

Baby Polleys Update

Hi all!
I wanted to give a little update about the baby growing in my belly! :) I am 14 weeks and 5 days pregs. Yesterday afternoon I had my four-month doctor's appointment, and I knew some of you wanted to hear about it; especially my mom who had to leave for Alaska yesterday morning.
I still don't know the sex of the baby, but I will find out at my next appt. So, I will keep you posted. BUT, I did get to listen to the baby's heartbeat for the first time. It beats 150 times per minute, which is soo fast! But, that is perfectly normal. I almost cried when I heard it because it made the baby that much more real (sometimes it's still hard to believe that I am pregnant.) I was so happy to hear its little, tiny heart deep, down in my belly.

I also found out that I still haven't gained any weight. My doctor isn't worried about it, he said that since I am just entering the second trimester and the holidays are coming up, he wouldn't be surprised if I gained 7 to 10 pounds before my next appt. in January. I know I am supposed to be gaining weight but 10 pounds in 4 weeks??? That's 2.5 pounds a week! It will be interesting to see how my body changes over the next month.
Speaking of that, I got my first taste of maternity clothes from my mom and sister yesterday at our little family Christmas. They got me some cute layering shirts in three different colors and then a sweater coat that is mid-thigh length with big buttons and a tie around the upper waist. It is super cute. It will be perfect for when I am bigger in February and March (and April, May and June!)

My mom also got me a Boppy which is like a U-shaped pillow that I can use during breastfeeding and for the baby when s/he is first learning to prop him/herself up and sit up and such! :) It is soooo exciting!

Here is a pic of the sweater I got. It is super warm. I think I will wear it a lot when I work at the library, it is always chilly in there. :)

Here is a pic of the Boppy I got. It is girly colors but it is just a slip cover. I think once I find out I will pick a fabric I like a have a new slipcover made. I know someone who would just love to do that! ;)

2 comments:

Gussy Sews said...

awwwww BABY POLLEYS! I love your updates, please do them often so we can all stay up-to-date :)

Anonymous said...

hmmmm i wish i had known you were pregnant(i apologize if i spell anything wrong i am losing my english) but that is sooooooo cool..waaaaa i wont be theree when it is born...but i can{t wait..:D sooo cool..you should definatly update often..

loveeee you..:D:D