I then started wishing I could go home and start reading my book right away because I LOVE that too. It is called The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. I am only on page 80, but I can already tell it is more than worth the read. It sounds like one of those old lady books that get mixed up in the jumble of the other 5 books she is reading (trust me that really happens, I see it all the time). But, this is not a book just for old ladies!! It takes place right after WWII in England and on the Channel Islands. It is written in letter format. So you get to read all of the letters one particular lady is sending out to various people and what they write back to her. The premise is that this lady (Juliet) is an author and TIME magazine wants her to do a piece about the war in relation to literature. She finds a group of people that live on one of the Channel Islands that formed a book club during the German occupation. I know it sounds like it is iffy…but you should give it a chance.

Another book you should read: The Mysterious Benedict Society. It is for young adults, but it is good writing, just like how Harry Potter is for young adults but adults love them. I have read The Mysterious Benedict Society and I got the second book in the series, The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey, as an early Christmas present (Izabella opened it yesterday, convinced that she must have another present to open…she is 2 J ). These books are about 4 kids who were orphans and then were recruited for a secret mission. Lame sounding? Maybe… Super entertaining and a fun, relaxing read? YES!

Sorry to Amazon for copying and pasting the pics. I really hope that isn't illegal. :)
and now....it is time to go home! Yay for multitasking!
No comments:
Post a Comment