Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Give Thanks!

Our family is starting a new tradition this year: A Gratitude Bowl.

I read about it in my Mothering Magazine.  You place an empty glass bowl in the center of your table, as the centerpiece.  All day before dinner, right up to before dinner is served, whenever you think of something that you are thankful for, you write it on a piece of paper, fold it in half and place it in the bowl.

All throughout dinner you can see all the blessings and the thankfulness in the bowl.  Then, before dessert is served you pass the bowl around and each person takes a turn pulling out a slip of paper and reading what someone is thankful for.

I think it's a great way to remember to give thanks and count your blessings from God.  I hope it is a success!


Have a blessed day, wherever you are, whatever you are doing.

No comments: