Sunday, November 29, 2009

Weekend Book Review

I love reading, and I LOVE sharing what I read.  I find so many good books, since I am in a library around 12 hours a week, and I thought that doing a review of the books I read every once in awhile would be a good way to spread some good (and sometimes not so good) literature around.  So, I am going to start doing a Weekend Book Review every couple of weekends...or however long it takes me to finish the book in the side bar to the right!
 
Title: The Unfinished Angel
Author: Sharon Creech




I have liked previous books written by Sharon Creech, such as Love That Dog, and this one is entertaining too.  It is a young adult book (I kind of have a habit of reading those...) but it is a great, short, easy read for an adult as well.  :)

It is about an angel (or so s/he thinks) that lives in a tower in a small Swiss village.  This angel does not seem to know his purpose...yet.  A new family from America moves into town and the daughter, Zola, can see the angel. And so begins their friendship, with lots of acts of kindness along the way.

I recommend you read this book if you are looking for a light read that is creatively written and funny.  Here is an excerpt from the author's website:

I am a little hesitant to admit it, but many scenes in this book make me laugh and laugh. Here are three of my favorites:
From the chapter, 'My Territory,' when Zola asks the angel if the angel has wings.
From the chapter, 'Lizards,' when Rosetta confesses to eating a lizard's tail.
From the chapter, 'Pigeons,' when the angel reacts to Zola's pigeon story.

I have to agree! 

Let me know what you think if you choose to read this book!

No comments: