Why?
Because I just took a job that will pull me from Eloise's little clutches for 6 hours a day. I may be sounding sad, but trust me, I am not. If anything, it is bittersweet. I have had 5 solid months at home with my little sweet baby...more than a lot of mom's can get. And, my new job will only leave me away from Eloise from 9:00 to 3:00. That's less than a whole school day. No sweat. She will be perfectly fine. The real question is: will I?
:) Yes, I think I can handle it. Millions of moms do it, so I can too. I have been blessed to be able to stay home this long. God brought me this job opportunity at the exactly right time; just when we were hitting a breaking point finance-wise. 24 hours after Ted and I had a very long conversation about his career options and my lack of anything in the immediate area, I had a job offer in my lap. Praise God, from whom all blessings flow!
25 hours a week I will be assisting a 2nd grade teacher in a team teaching style. It is a couple less dollars an hour than the library, but I will be working three times as much. (I am keeping the library job as well... at least through the holidays.) I also got vision insurance at n0 cost to me, so that will supplement the vision we already have through Ted. I also have retirement benefits...although it is minuscule.
Ted and I can barely comprehend what an extra $800 dollars a month is going to do for us! We feel as though we are going to rolling in money (if that doesn't tell you how tight it has been around here, I don't know what will).
So, now on to the plans for Cheesy:
2 days a week she will ride to Boyne City with me, and I will drop her off at Nana Polleys'.
1.5 days a week she will stay home with her Daddy (he doesn't work Fridays or Wednesday morning.
and...
1.5 days a week she will go to a day care.
I have called about 5 in-home day cares in Charlevoix and they range from $20 to $35 a day. All of them said they would have to get back to me (today hopefully) because of infant limits and timing issues, etc. So, hopefully, God will help us get this part figured out too!
I start Monday!! Yay!
1 comment:
congratulations guys. hope the child care search goes well.
-mitchell
Post a Comment