Hello All!!
Ted and I went to Battle Creek this past weekend for Valentine's Day, and we had a super great time. It was nice to get away and have a change of pace and scenery. :)
We got down there on Thursday night and just went to bed because it was really late. On Friday, we met my Dad for breakfast and then waited for Sam and the girls to show up. They were running a little behind, so we met them in Kalamazoo and went to Panera for lunch. Then Sam helped me register for baby things at the Babies'R'Us. Ted and I had no idea that you could need/want soooo many things for a baby. It was a little overwhelming.
So, after that little mini-adventure was over, my Dad, Ted and I baby-sat Liv and Izabella and took them to Carmen's basketball game. Carmen is Tami's (my dad's gf) daughter. She played great, but they didn't end up winning.
Izabella @the game
Olivia @ the game
On Saturday, we all went over to my Grandpa's for lunch and hung out with him for a couple of hours. It is always nice to visit him, I love how I always get overflowed with memories when I walk in the door. :) Then, we just hung out at my Dad's for a while. The best part of hanging out with my neices this weekend was hearing them sing LOTS of Abba songs that they have memorized from Momma Mia! (Here we go again! my, my how I can resist you!)


That night, Valentine's night, my dad had planned a special surprise for Tami that no one was allowed to talk about, so that is why I never mentioned what I was doing on Valentine's Day because Tami reads this blog! ;) We drove to Marshall and Tami was surprised with a concert by a Frank Sinatra impersonator (which is kinda REALLY COOL because my Dad REALLY likes Frank and I think Tami does too.) But...the best part was when the impersonator asked where in the audience my Dad and Tami were, BECAUSE my dad had emailed him asking him to dedicate a song that my Dad had sung to Tami on one of their dates about 7 years ago. It was so romantic, and so perfect. Sam and I were really proud of my Dad for doing such a cool non-dad thing! haha
Me, My Dad, and Samantha before the show.
Ted and I @ the Show
Tami and my Dad
On Sunday, Tami made us all a delicious breakfast. Then, Ted and I had to drive the four hours home because we had to be back in time for youth group at 4pm. We went bowling..it was fun.
Overall, a great weekend! Now, I just have to work this weekend and the next, and then Ted and I get to go to TimberWolf Camp with our church. It is like a family camp, and it was a great time last year. This year, Ted's parents are going, and I know they are going to love it.
Have a good week!
2 comments:
hey girl! i can't believe i missed this post :) sounds like you had a great time with your family!!!
i love your tummy pictures! i can't wait to see you in April... that sounds so far away though :\
Love the pictures! And your baby belly. Yes, I finally got on the blog. We have internet at home again - dial up, so really slooooow, but hey. I don't have anything better to do right now. HA.
Post a Comment