Sunday, December 13, 2009

Oh My Word...I Made Something!

For those of you who know me well...or even not so well...you know that I am not exactly a crafty person. 

I love buying crafty, one of a kind, original things. And I love thinking up new ideas for crafty things.  But, when it comes to making them my hands and brain don't get along.  My hands try to be unique and cute, but then my brain kicks in and tries to overpower them by trying to make everything perfect.  I am a little OCD when it comes to things being straight, neat and organized....and that doesn't mix well with art.  At least for me.

So, today, when I actually completed a couple little gift tags for Christmas.  I was proud of myself.  I didn't let my brain tell me that they aren't perfect enough, which is kind of a big deal.

So, let me tell you about my craft.

I made some Christmas Gift Tags. (You know, because everyone gets tired of those sticker ones and sometimes you want a present to look extra good!) I just used some old Christmas cards (we recieved from years past), some cardstock, and some ribbon, glue and a hole punch....and viola!  A Gift Tag!  Go me!  (Sorry, but I am really excited about these.)


Now, I just need to wrap some presents, so I can use these babies!




Just another day closer to Christmas............

No comments: