I was sitting on the couch and Ted was out shoveling slush off the driveway. Eloise was on her back on her blanket on the floor chewing on a red penguin. I was talking to her saying things like, "Eloooooiiiiiise...mama loooooooves you!" and other things you would only say when you have a little baby.
Then I started making train noises. (We make train noises because Eloise LOVES trains...not real ones, but the kind in Papa's basement.) I said, "Chugga chugga, chugga chugga, Chewwwwwwww-eeeeeeeee!!!" And, as I was saying it she was twisting around to look at me. This is usually where she would stop twisting, and she would just crain her neck so she could look over onto the couch.
BUT, THIS TIME SHE JUST KEPT ON TWISTING! Soon she kinda plopped over onto her belly, where she propped herself up on her elbows and gave me a big grin. I wanted so badly to go and pick up, but I was kind of preoccupied on the couch with one of my motherly duties ;) (since I am at work all the time). So, I was praising her, and telling her how great she is, and on and on ...and on. As soon as I was done I ran over and picked her up and squeezed her and squeezed her. And, then we went outside and told Daddy all about it!
Eloise even went as far as cheering for herself later that night!
Yay Eloise! It took her six months, but now she is a pro!

No comments:
Post a Comment